Sunday, March 21, 2010

Oh Scrapy Day

Today was the first day of spring...and we were stuck inside! Thank you Nebraska weather!! I was determined to not let a perfectly good day go to waste with monotonous cleaning activities, so I gathered my scrapbooking supplies and set out to make some projects during Funny Bun's naps.
My first task was to make an Easter banner. I go completely all out decorating for Halloween and Christmas. I even have some Valentine's decorations. But, except for the occasional basket and jelly beans, Easter comes and goes completely deprived of the decor it deserves.

Thankfully, I had the perfect springtime papers for the banner. Using My Mind's Eye Laundry Line, I cut out some eggs and letters, glued them together, and strung them up to create a festive little banner to be displayed prominently on the wall.



Unfortunately, this project was so quick to put together, I still had time to clean before Funny Bun woke up from his morning nap. So, not only do I have a beautiful banner hanging in my kitchen, I also have clean countertops and floors!

Thankfully, the mailman showed up with a surprise so that dreaded afternoon cleaning would just have to wait. Hmm...well that sounds a bit dirty!! Ummm...how about a redo?

Thankfully, the growth chart kit I ordered from scrapbooksteals.com was delivered today. So the dreaded afternoon cleaning would just have to wait. Naturally, I didn't read the instructions that came with the kit. I just dug right in! As I was working on the 4th page, I thought that this would be so much cuter as a first year chart. I decided to make 12 pages instead of 9 (one for each month of the year) and I wanted the tape measure to represent each week of the year. Yeah, I know there's only 52 weeks in a year, but I had to go to 53" to make the darn thing fit right.






































*Please ignore the ugly toes in the pictures. They are so not summer ready yet!!

As you can see, there's no pictures on the pages yet. Funny Buns decided he wanted to wake up before I could get those on, along with the metal rings to help hold everything together. I promise I will post pics of the completed project very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment