Saturday, March 27, 2010

Alfredo Pizza

While reading a magazine I saw this recipe for a Chicken Cordon Bleu Pizza. It looked delicious! But, once I read all the ingredients, it wasn't something I wanted to feed my family! I could handle the refrigerated pizza crusts (even I use them for a quick fix meal at times) and of course I don't think you can go wrong with cheeses. What bothered me was that the 'meat' for the pizza was cut up chicken nuggets and bacon bits! Are either of those even real meat?


I didn't have any refrigerated pizza crusts on hand so I found a good pizza dough recipe online and threw the ingredients into my bread machine to mix. I had a whole fryer chicken I had bought on sale for 99 cents a pound and some bacon I got for 1 dollar a pound. I boiled the chicken with some onion and garlic, deboned it, set a little to the side for my pizza and the rest went in the fridge for BBQ chicken sandwiches the next day. I cooked the bacon in the microwave so it wasn't as greasy.

Once the crust was ready I spread about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of Alfredo sauce onto the crust than sprinkled some bacon, chicken, and fresh sliced mushrooms over that. I added some mozzarella, monterey jack, cheddar, and asiago cheeses and baked it at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. It turned out fantastic and paired prefectly with a small side salad.


No comments:

Post a Comment