Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Crunchy? No - but maybe a little crispy.

I had never even heard of the term 'Crunchy Mom' until I started looking into using cloth diapers. I haven't seen an actual definition yet, but apparently it's someone that leads a truly natural lifestyle (homebirth, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, attachment parenting, chemical-free, cloth diapers, organic, etc). Want to know how Crunchy you are? You can take a quiz here to find out. I am 'Pretty Crispy!' but I was only a couple points away from 'Mmm! Love that whole grain crunch!' LOL

Anyway...back to why the whole 'Crunchy Mom' thing came up...



Yep...we're officially switching to cloth!! I am so tired of constantly changing diaper brands because of rashes. Hubby and I have mentioned using cloth before...but more in the 'If I had to do it, I would" context. Then the whole new Pampers scare finally pushed me over the edge! I did a bunch of research, joined a couple cloth diapering boards, and talked to the one (yep 1) person I knew in my state that uses cloth. We finally settled on a trial pack from Jillian's Drawers. They had a great variety and we can try the diapers for 21 days. If we don't like them, we can return them and we're only out $10. The picture above is everything that came in the pack. (By the way, they have awesome customer service! I realized we didn't get the sample pack of flushable liners so I sent them a quick email. They got back to me right away and had my liners in the mail that day!)



Obviously, these are not our grandmothers' diapers!! No pins or nasty rubber pants. Just lots and lots of fluffy cuteness!! Even hubby likes them! Look for more adventures in cloth diapering soon!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment